This is a basic recipe for homemade veggie burgers which you may alter in many ways. I prefer a minimal amount of ingredients. However, you could easily add more of your favorite vegetables and spices. You could, likewise, play with the size of your chopped vegetables to determine your preferred texture.
Ingredients (7-10 burgers)
Organic mushrooms 2 eight ounce pints (Cremini, Baby Bella, or Portobello)
Green bell pepper, 1 large
Red bell pepper, 1 medium
Red onions, 1 1/2 medium
Organic corn masa (flour), 1 cup
Rye or Spelt bread , 1 loaf yeast-free
Olive oil, 1 cup
Thyme, 1 tsp ground
Cayenne, 1/4 tsp (optional)
Savory, 1 tbsp
1.Pre-heat oven to 375.
2. Add 2-3 tbsp Olive oil to wok or sauce pan.
3. Finely chop mushrooms, 1 Green Pepper, 1 onion and add to wok or sauce pan.
4. Sauté ingredients over medium low flame and add Thyme, Savory, Cayenne (optional) and squeeze in Lime juice.
5. Add half cup corn masa to medium bowl.
6. Once mushrooms are tender, pour mixture into the bowl on top of the corn flour.
7.Chop and add the remaining onions and red bell pepper into the mixture.
8. Stir and add more flour until mixture is solid enough to form patties but still wet. The less flour the better the taste.
9. Add 1-2 tbsp olive oil to wok, skillet or sauce pan and heat over medium low flame.
10. Scoop out a handful of mixture to make your patty and add it to the pan . The thinner the patty, the easier to cook it thoroughly.
12.Put the pan in the oven and bake the bread 3-5 minutes for desired toasting.
13. Once you notice the sides of your patty getting brown, flip it and let it cook for 3-5 more minutes.
14. Remove your toast from the oven and add the patty along with your favorite sauces and toppings.
Do you like this article? Click subscribe to receive the latest divinewiz posts. Please spread the love: share your favorite posts and like divinewiz on Facebook.