I discovered broccoli puree soup at an Italian restaurant and was surprised to learn that it was dairy-free. I began experimenting with my own purees at home. Broccoli is very flexible and can be pureed with other vegetables but I prefer pure broccoli.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
Broccoli (with stalks): 1 bunch of 3
Olive oil: 1 tsp
Jalapeño pepper (with stem removed): 1
Agave: 3 tbsp
Thyme: 2 tsp
Water: 4-8 cups
Sun Dried Tomatoes (sodium free): 3-5
1. Add olive oil, Thyme, Jalapeño, 3 sun-dried tomatoes, agave and 4 cups water to the pot.
2. Chop one inch tip off of broccoli stalks and add to pot.
3. Simmer ingredients over low to medium fire.
4. When broccoli stalk is soft, gently press Jalapeño and remove it if you prefer a mild flavor. A single Jalapeño usually only adds a slight kick to this puree. Add ingredients to Vitamix or high-powered blender and puree the mix.
5. As with all Vitamix blends, you should begin at a low-speed. Gradually increase it to the highest speed for at least 4 mins to blend it thoroughly while adding water for your desired consistency.
6. More sun-dried tomatoes can be added for a saltier flavor. Likewise, more agave can be added to sweeten it.
I usually eat this plain but it tastes great when topped with a few scallions.
If you like this post, please share it with others, subscribe to divinewiz for future posts and/or like divinewiz on Facebook.