I ended my 22 day raw fruitarian bliss with roasted zucchini, last Friday. I wanted to transition lightly into cooked foods so that I could take my mom to dinner this week. Most vegetables taste awesome when roasted. This is a very simple dish that could accompany almost any other food. For me, it was a meal.
Fresh dill is a great addition to many dishes and salads. Besides the great taste, it has been used medicinally throughout history. Today it is still used to aid digestive issues like flatulence, loss of appetite, liver and gallbladder problems.
Note: The first batch included the yellow zucchini but I took better photos the second time around.
Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients: (Serving 1-2)
1 medium yellow zucchini
1 medium green zucchini
1 tsp onion powder
3 tsp fresh Dill
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Cut zucchini into “1/4” slices.
3. Toss in bowl with ½ tbsp of olive oil.
4. Use the remaining olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. I use a Brazilian soap stone roasting pan so you may need more oil.
5. Sprinkle onion powder on zucchini. I do not measure but I have estimated 1 tsp.
6. Place zucchini into oven for about 20 minutes or until they are brown on one side. With the soap-stone, the bottom browns faster.
7. Mince fresh Dill and sprinkle on zucchini, once it is ready to leave the oven.
Roasted zucchini has a naturally sweet taste and is perfectly fine without any seasoning.