I created this tasty recipe a few months ago and I am happy to finally share it with you. It is amazing how the taste of many dishes can be recreated without the use of salt (dangerous) or garlic (indigestible).
Ingredients: (serving 1-2)
1 large avocado
2 large sun-dried tomatoes
8 cherry tomatoes
2 large zucchini
2 3 inch stems of basil
Dried cayenne or red pepper flakes
1. Use Spiral Slicer to turn Zucchini into “pasta.” The texture of the “pasta” improves if you let it air for a couple of hours but it is fine if you eat it when you slice it. The slicer will leave Zucchini remnants that you can use as a topping.
2. Soak sun-dried tomatoes in water for at least 30 minutes.
3. Open avocado, discard the seed, scoop avocado from skin and add it to the food processor.
4. Pulse the food processor until the avocado is whipped.
5. Add sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
6. Pulse the food processor until all of the ingredients are blended.
7. Add a few squirts of lime for taste and texture.
8. Pulse the food processor once again to blend.
9. Add avocado “pesto” to the zucchini “pasta” and mix thoroughly.
10. Slice cherry tomatoes and add for garnishing and extra flavor.
11. Sprinkle in your optional seasonings if necessary
Note: You may have to use a spoon to push the contents back down into the food processor in between pulses.
If you like this post, please share it with others, subscribe to divinewiz for future posts and/or like divinewiz on Facebook.